Most doctors prescribe few non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. If heavy dose of such medication is used then it can cause stomach pain, heartburn, stomach ulcers and kidney/liver problems.
Besides that, regular use of such medications can produce many different side effects too. For avoiding these side effects due to traditional rheumatoid arthritis medications, people are now turning to CBD to get relief from inflammation and pain.
Though people have been using cannabis for ages, only now it has been acknowledged by people because of the awareness that has come as a result of various research results.
Also, present-day technology has a better method of extracting CBD, which is not a psychoactive compound like THC.
This means if you are an arthritis patient then you can seek relief from pain with CBD online which does not have any THC content.
What Is rheumatism?
For joint pain traditionally a medical word is used which is rheumatism. However, based on their actual reasons for pain, certain specific terms are used in the medical profession. Following are different kinds of rheumatic conditions:
- Rheumatoid arthritis is due to autoimmune reasons
- Osteoarthritis is due to traumatic injury and few inflammatory reasons
- Gout is due to uric acid buildup, which causes damage and joint inflammation
- Fibromyalgia whose cause is unknown
- Lyme disease is blood-borne parasitic infection and affects the joints
Few symptoms of rheumatism
- Weight loss/gain
- Redness around joints
- Loss of appetite
- Joint pain/stiffness
- Enlarged joints
CBD can be useful for all these conditions since it can offer what is called an immunomodulating effect. Rather than forcing our immune system into more overdrive or suppressing it, CBD can exert a modulating effect.
CBD can turn our immune system up particularly when it is working very slowly and goes down when it is working too much.
Among the various CBD benefits, CBD is quite famous for its pain-killing property which is exactly people who are suffering from rheumatism will generally look for.
This pain condition is extremely severe which prompts people who are affected to seek certain powerful prescription pain medications.
The basic issue with all such medications is, they are addictive and also have many negative side-effects like sedation or damage of liver and kidney.
Benefits of using CBD for Rheumatism
- For keeping disease progression in proper check CBD can exert modulating effect on our immune system
- Powerful anti-inflammatory properties can slow down disease progression
- Provides relief from all pains and discomforts
- Provides relief from few other side-effects including anxiety, insomnia, and depression
Few tips to get the most from CBD supplementation
- Make sure that you consult a doctor before administering CBD with other medications
- Never use poor-quality CBD products for eliminating any chance of consuming certain contaminants
- Always start with very small CBD dose and slowly build up to find your right dosage
- Prefer full-spectrum extract rather than isolate to obtain additional benefits of few other cannabinoids of cannabis plant