At the time of his loss of life, Ramos Martínez was engaged in a collection of murals entitled The Flower Distributors at Scripps Faculty. Moreover, he purchased and donated Ramos Martínez works to several San Francisco establishments, including the Legion of Honor, the San Francisco Museum of Artwork, the California Historical Society, and Mills School. Ramos Martínez was also exhibited with success in San Diego at the Fantastic Arts Gallery of Balboa Park and in San Francisco at the California Palace of the Legion of Honor. In 1923, he was awarded the Grand Cross of the Order of Leopold by King Albert I of Belgium in recognition of his contributions to the visual arts. It was there that celebrated Bay Space art patron Albert M. Bender first noticed Ramos Martínezs work.
Warner Brothers’ art director and interior decorator to the stars Harold Grieve acquired various works by the artist and championed the artist’s work to his clients. They demanded the institution of a Free Academy and proposed Ramos Martínez as director. Whereas Ramos Martínez invested most of his energy in teaching and the institution of his Open Air Schools, he continued his work as a painter. That very same 12 months, his student’s work was featured in the Exhibition of Works from Public and Art Faculties on the Spanish Pavilion and met with an extraordinarily favorable response. Hailed as a distinguished alumnus, a bona fide European success, and sympathetic to the student’s trigger, Ramos Martínez grew to become first the assistant Director and, by 1913, the Director of the Academy.
Within a year of the President’s resignation in 1911, the artwork college students at the National Academy called a strike to protest the aesthetic dictatorship of the Academy. Their daughter, Maria, was born one yr later, suffering from a crippling bone disease. In 1928, Ramos Martínez married Maria de Sodi Romero of Oaxaca. The household first traveled to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. Eventually, it settled in the salon mats milder climate of Los Angeles, with Maria under the care of Dr. John A. Wilson. Having relocated to Los Angeles in 1929, Ramos Martínez was offered an exhibition by William Alanson Bryan, Director of the Los Angeles County Museum of Art LACMA at Exposition Park. The political scenario in Mexico remained risky for the subsequent decade, and by 1920, Ramos Martínez was reinstated as Director of the Academy.